The Guild of Machine Knitters was launched on 5th March 1998 following research and efforts by Frank Dineen. The
Guild is run on an entirely voluntary basis by machine knitters for machine knitters and all those interested in the
craft, present and future.
Aims of the Guild:
- To increase awareness of machine knitting as a craft.
- To organize exhibitions by knitters for all those interested in the craft.
- To encourage and maintain a high standard of craftsmanship.
- To encourage a sense of awareness of texture, colour, design and fitness for purpose.
- To foster these aims for individual knitters by the award of certificates of quality of work through our annual challenge.
- To organize Guild Days and Workshops.
- To liaise with manufacturers and suppliers to ensure that we all work together for the greater good of the craft.
- To foster links between UK clubs and groups overseas.
- To ensure greater media awareness.
By doing all of these things and more, it is hoped to strengthen bonds between clubs, groups, individual knitters,
manufacturers and suppliers, thus ensuring that the craft continues into the future strong and in good heart. It is also
important to gain from the media and the general public the recognition that machine knitting is a genuine craft in its
Please note: The Guild is a group of like minded people who want to further the craft of machine knitting.
If you are looking for someone to knit for you or would like to knit for someone please select Employment from the menu. To
advertise on our website please select For Sale/Wanted from the menu. To advertise in our newsletter please use the Contact Us link
on the left to contact our Public Relations officer.